Warning! This site contains satire, cynical adult humor, celebrity gossip, and an occasional peanut by-product or two!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!

Besides seeing Saw 2 today at the Essex Outlet Cinemas I was surprised and pleased to see something I thought I'd never see again ~ a cartoon before the movie! How cool is that?

I'm older than dirt so I remember when every movie had a cartoon in addition to the previews, but that seems to have been a practice that fell to the wayside as theater owners tried to strip away anything that might have gotten in the way of squeezing in an extra showing of the main feature. Either that or they opted for advertising before the movie as a way to grab a little extra income. Well, Bless Dale and Karen Chapman! They have seen beyond the norm and realized that we, the movie goers, may actually like to be amused as we wait for the main attraction. I can't speak for everyone, but I think it is a delightful addition. It is also a guilt-free opportunity for grown-ups to laugh at the antics of the Looney Tunes gang and their friends without feeling they are betraying their status as "responsible adults." This has got to be the greatest addition to modern movies since popcorn and sound.

No comments: